Performs accounting and clerical tasks within the Division of Campus Services related to human resources and payroll functions.
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related services, including recordkeeping, reporting, and database management.
2. Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports.
3. Identifies and resolves potential payroll problems; follows up to ensure timely and accurate product delivery.
4. Corresponds with division staff, Department of Human Resources Management, and Controller's Office regarding human resources and payroll issues.
5. Coordinates division wide training needs and maintains record of training required and received.
6. Maintains files and records of actual hours worked, leave requests, training, and other human resources related materials.
7. Maintains human resources records and systems, including data entry and database management.
8. Document workflow and work procedures.
9. Ensures adherence to established University and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, and safety standards.
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Three years in payroll, accounting, or related field.
3. Ability to operate a computer keyboard to enter data.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
1. Business training or college level courses in accounting.
2. General office experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Organizing and coordinating skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information. Ability to perform simple accounting procedures. Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures. Receptionist skills. Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control. Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment. Records maintenance skills. Word processing and/or data entry skills. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All interested applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.edu and complete a Support Staff Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.