Under the general supervision of the User Support Manager, the Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing remote technical support for the High-Performance Computing Collaboratory (HPC2), affiliated research centers/institutes, and other supported research units. Help Desk is the front line and responsible for solving basic technical problems relating to Windows and Linux OS. The Help Desk’s objective is to quickly identify a customer’s issue and resolve basic desktop issues with that user and appropriately elevate as needed.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
June 1, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create tickets and collect basic user information related to resolving technical issues.
2. Perform basic troubleshooting on hardware and software systems.
3. Evaluate trouble issues and elevate to the appropriate technician.
4. Support Windows and Linux based computing systems.
5. Provide user support and applications consulting.
6. Package software to schedule automated and remote deployment.
7. Coordination with Unix and Windows systems administration staff for support of integrated services, such as Samba, printers and authentication services.
8. Other duties as assigned.
The above essential duties are representative of major duties of positions in this position. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
One year of related experience.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
2. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
1. Proficient with Windows or Linux based operating systems.
2. Familiarity with both Windows or Linux based operating systems.
3. Experience with administration and operation of high-performance computing clusters and, including administrative management, software deployment, and user support.
4. Understanding Active Directory configuration, site replication, and utilization of group policies.
5. Experience with the management and support of computer networking hardware and software.
6. Experience with cybersecurity tools and concepts.
7. Proficiency with C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, PHP, or Shell programming languages.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Understanding of Microsoft Windows and Linux based Operating Systems.
2. Well-developed interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to perform with professionalism and produce quality, reliable results.
3. Strong analytical and technical skills with an attention for detail and accuracy.
4. Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Please apply online by submitting a resume and cover letter.
Position is contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.