The Football (Fellow) will serve as a full time employee of Mississippi State Football while learning under the guidance of the Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Coaches. This is a non-coaching position.
Salary Grade: 09
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the staff in offensive film breakdown and opponent scouting;
2. Chart, analyze, and distribute daily statistics from practice to the offensive coaching staff;
3. Chart offensive statistics as they pertain to the offense;
4. Complete the game day personnel chart;
5. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization with one (1) year of experience working in college athletics or professional sports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. XOS knowledge required;
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office;
3. Strong communication, interpersonal, facilitation, and organizational skills;
4. Demonstrates sensitivity;
5. Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision;
6. Must be a person of integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and institutional rules;
7. Work consists of 40 hours per week maximum;
8. Ability to travel.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Frequent interruptions based on changing priorities; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Please attach your Resume and cover letter to the Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.