The Supply Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and oversight of inventory and staff for associated activities in materials management for Facilities Management Administration including purchasing materials, supplies, and equipment
Salary Grade: 12
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
l . Responsible for all phases of University procurement and supply/material management in assigned areas of the FM Supply room including, but not limited to, obtaining pricing for goods and services upon request, maintaining accurate purchasing records, maintaining inventory systems and ensuring all necessary due diligence is performed for accuracy and timely delivery.
2. Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing programs, operational policies and procedures.
3. Responsible for collaborative interface with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure accurate analyses, identify any gaps in deliveries, and drive actionable quick solutions.
4. Safeguards warehouse operations and contents with security procedures and protocols.
5. Make recommendations to improve quality and efficiency of work processes.
6. Responsible for entering shipments of products into AIM system for tracking purposes.
7. Responsible for procurement cards for inventory and the Facilities Management staff.
8. Responsible for annual wall-to-wall inventory initiatives with a detailed report to Internal Auditing.
9. Maintain internal tracking and weekly report of COVID items to senior management.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma - High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience (1 yr.) 2 years Directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Indicated education is required; no substitution.
2 years post high school education and at least one year or work experience in a warehouse work environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
l . Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
3. Records management skills.
4. Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and flexibility to handle a wide variety
5. Excellent organizational skills.
6. Collaborative and team-oriented attitude.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
l . Work involves lifting, bending, standing, walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing,
handling objects with hands, lifting up to 50 pounds.
2. Work occasionally requires climbing, balancing, stooping, keeling, crouching, crawling, and
lifting up to 100 pounds.
3. Exposure to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, or chemicals. 4.
External imposed deadlines set and revised beyond one's control.
5. Difficult to anticipate nature and volume of work with certainty beyond a few days.
6. Meeting deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position.
7. Vision ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All interested applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.edu and complete a Support Staff Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.