Coordinator, Event Operations
Job no: 502691
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
490505 - Event Services
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
To coordinate and supervise the activities of Event Services employees and assist with Reservations, Setups, Policy Procedures, creating work invoices for reservations and setups. To provide support to the A/V teams as needed for events, classes and meetings.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise Event Services Full Time Staff and Student crew
2. Assists customers in all facets of event management including scheduling, resources, and facilities
3. Maintains contact with vendors and customers to ensure a high level of customer service and overall customer satisfaction
4. Coordinate the correct setup of all tents, stages and table and chair assignments
5. Coordinate the moving of equipment and furniture for various departments on campus
6. Facilitates Management of Inventory for Event Services equipment
7. Recommends new equipment purchases as needed
8. Coordinates repair of Event Services equipment and vehicles
9. Acts as one of the billing specialists on the billing team in the Event Services Office
10. Manages all paperwork for events making sure we are within MSU policy and procedures as well as ensuring all Event Services Policies are followed
11. Cowbell Connect approver and monitor for student org forms
12. Member of the Emergency Management team
13. Member of the Planning and Program Committee
14. Building Manager for Event Services off-site facilities.
15. Audio Video support when needed.
16. Interviews and hires event services crew staff and student workers.
17. Direct Supervisor of the Event Services Support Services Supervisor
18. Member of the Union/Event Services Executive Team
19. Special projects as directed by the Senior Coordinator
Three years experience directly related to event management/setup
Valid MS Driver's License
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Some Nights and Weekends will be required
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend