Monitors, repairs, installs and maintains all irrigation systems associated with Mississippi State University Campus Landscape.
Salary Grade: 11
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
l. Programs all irrigation controllers so that water is distributed on an as-needed basis.
2. Possesses a working knowledge of Toro, Rainbird, and/or central controllers etc.
3. Maintains and monitor all fountains, water features, etc.
4. Performs preventative and routine maintenance on irrigation systems.
5. Operates machinery required to install and maintain irrigation systems.
6. Assures that parts and equipment are on hand for specific jobs.
7. Confers with the Superintendent /Grounds Supervisor/Horticulture Supervisor on work in
progress and new assignments.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
9. Possesses a working knowledge of basic electricity related to an irrigation system,
including automatic valves and controllers,
10. Possesses a working knowledge of various types of pumps and pumping systems.
l l . Has a good understanding of turf, landscape and ornamental scape irrigation and controls.
12. Responsible for training, assisting or assigning tasks to others.
Education High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience - 2 years Landscape/Golf Irrigation practices Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education relative to irrigation/irrigation maintenance work.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Physical demands require constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to perform work. Frequently operates machinery and will use hands/fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position materials. Frequently required to stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Constantly required to communicate with ability to talk and hear. Job will require constantly working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to elements. This can include heavy to moderate noise, extreme proximity to moving equipment or machinery, proximity to electrical energy, exposure to tools and machines used in construction industries.
Occasional-Routine deadlines; with sufficient lead time, usually; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel have
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All interested applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.edu and complete a support staff application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.