This position will be programmatically responsible to the Child and Family Development Specialist for the day-to-day implementation of the Nurturing Homes Initiative project and administratively responsible to the Director of the School of Human Sciences.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The School of Human Sciences provides education, research, and outreach programs related to human interaction and relationships, early childhood, child life, youth, adult and family studies, and teacher education in Family and Consumer Sciences and Agricultural Education. In addition, selected School programs focus on commerce, marketing, and using technology for problem solving and designing
programs and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages the web site for program
• Creates and maintains listserv for program
• Schedules and implements trainings
• Coordinates the technical assistance activities as outlined
• Corresponds with MDHS Staff as needed to ensure the transfer of information is timely
• Coordinates all paperwork associated with the acquisition of supplies and technical
• Orders all supplies and other materials needed for the office
• Performs any and all duties necessary to execute the program as proposed
• Oversees and coordinates technology component of project
• Attends in-service training
• Provides on-line technical assistance
• Performs any related duties as assigned
• Works with MSU-Extension administration
• Develops curriculum materials for providers
• Develops technical assistance lessons
• Supervises the delivery of trainings
• Oversees data collection of the program
• Manages data and generates technical reports
• Develops publication materials such as newsletters and information sheets
• Master's Degree in early childhood education or related field
• A minimum of three years' experience in early childhood
• Willingness and ability to travel. Use of personal car required. A travel allowance will be
• Ability to work with and adapt research materials for educational use which can be
effectively communicated orally and/or in writing.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by submitting: the completed online application, submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references and a current unofficial transcript (with social security numbers removed prior to submission). An official transcript will be required if selected for employment.
Position is contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.