This is a TIME LIMITED position, dependent upon the severity and scope of the COVID-19 pandemic. Provides general medical care to patients, within the scope of applicable licensure, as directed by clinicians of the John C. Longest Student Health Center for patients suspected of, or confirmed to have, COVID-19.
Salary Grade: 12
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Provides direct patient care including:
a. Gathers medical history from patient
b. Interviews patients, measures vital signs and records information in patient’s chart
c. Prepares examination rooms for patients
d. Assists clinicians with examinations
e. Conducts vision and hearing tests
f. Changes dressings
g. Performs PEAK tests and administers nebulizer treatment
h. Performs x-ray procedures per established protocols and training
2. Performs miscellaneous duties including:
a. Makes referral appointments for patients
b. Calls in prescriptions to pharmacies, faxes reports to other doctors and to hospitals
c. Maintains inventory of supplies, restocks examination rooms and trauma room with instruments and other supplies
d. Maintains current BLS (CPR) certifications, participates in assessment and quality improvement programs
3. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Degree from an accredited nursing program.
2. Current Mississippi license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN).
3. At least one year of experience as a nurse in a clinic setting.
1. Work experience above the minimum required performing related duties.
2. Certification in ACLS, college health nursing, or office x-ray.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Standard nursing skills, Electronic medical record utilization. Ability to handle busy environment. Empathy for patients. Capability to accomplish tasks timely and accurately
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. General office conditions.
2. Exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, blood and blood products.
3. Potential for injury from needles and other sharp objects.
4. Potential for injury from chemicals.
5. Possible exposure to radiation from x-ray.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Interested candidates should apply online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.