Provides administrative and technical guidance and support to faculty and staff seeking outside funding for research, public service, and special sponsored institutional projects. Researches and interprets relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards, and oversees the processing of contracts and/or grants.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The mission of the College of Education is to prepare highly qualified professionals to serve as teachers, administrators, supervisors, counselors, and other professionals in educational settings, industry, and human service agencies.
The College of Education values outstanding teaching and is dedicated to offering nationally accredited programs that are based on essential knowledge, sound practice, relevant research, and realistic clinical training in the preparation of its students.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
September 1, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Guides faculty and staff in the development and preparation of research proposals to include budgets, documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements.
2. Analyzes and evaluates contract and grant budgets for correct calculation of expenditure categories such as salaries, percent of effort, salary adjustment increases, fringe benefits, indirect costs, materials, and equipment.
3. Analyzes and evaluates awarded proposals, contracts, and subcontracts for compliance with funding agency, federal, state, and university requirements; prepares required acceptance documentation, and obtains official university signatures; recommends approval or rejection of deviations from contract specifications.
4. Assists in the formulation of processes and procedures for pre-awards and post-awards to meet university requirements; researches appropriate federal, state, and local requirements to facilitate compliance by all parties.
5. Coordinates receipt of awards and contract documentation; maintains proposal and funding records in database systems, and prepares scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses.
6. Participates and/or assists in special projects, and performs associated administrative duties, as assigned; may provide functional direction to lower level technicians on assigned work.
7. Will occasionally key direct pays, journal vouchers, and procard while serving as the back up for the Business Coordinator.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree and one year experience
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Apply online and attach a resume and cover letter.
This position is contingent upon the availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.