To support a variety of routine and specialized Extension and research duties focused on a combination of coastal conservation and restoration, environmental monitoring, environmental stewardship, and environmental education.
Salary Grade: 08
Please see Staff Compensation Structure for salary ranges.
This position will be housed in the Coastal Research and Extension Center in Biloxi, MS.
Area of Specialization:
Coastal conservation and restoration, environmental monitoring, environmental stewardship, environmental education
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected applicant will become part of the Coastal Conservation and Restoration Program (CCR) and will be involved with a variety of program activities. Notable subprograms of the CCR include the Mississippi Coastal Cleanup, Living Shorelines, Mississippi Master Naturalist, and Student Naturalist programs. The primary activities for the selected applicant are outlined below but could include any activities associated with the Coastal Conservation and Restoration Program.
The primary responsibilities of the selected applicant will be to lead and/or assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of an applied science program. These duties will include activities such as, but not limited to:
* Organizing meetings;
* Leading and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of outreach materials, Extension publications, and technical reports;
* Developing, organizing, and implementing field research;
* Trailering and operating vessels;
* Collecting, interpreting, and reporting data;
* Performing research activities, such as literature reviews and sample collection/processing;
* Assisting with the preparation and dissemination of outreach materials, Extension publications, and technical reports;
* Assisting with trainings
* Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma
* Bachelor's degree with major coursework in a curriculum appropriate for the field of assignment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Typing and computer skills (word processing and spreadsheets);
* Highly flexible: ability to adapt to a rapidly changing schedule;
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize multiple demands;
* Strong oral and written communication skills;
* Knowledge and skills in using Microsoft Office Suites especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge and skills in document/project management/sharing platforms (e.g. Google Drive, Basecamp, etc.);
* Ability to develop and maintain diverse and robust partnerships;
* Ability to collect, process, and interpret research data; ability to author or co-author publications.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
* Ability to work in extreme weather conditions;
* Ability to work long hours;
* Requires substantial routine travel, including some overnight trips
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.jobs.msstate.edu by submitting an online application along with a cover letter and resume. If submitting a transcript, any social security numbers included should be redacted prior to submitting online.
In addition to the online application, a cover letter, resume, and if applicable, an unofficial transcript must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Condition of Employment:
As required by Executive Order 14042, If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before beginning employment with the University.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.