Responsible for management of the verification process; importing student aid reports; change request; special circumstance appeals; dependent appeals; supervision of staff involved with processing student verification.; coordinate with IT at the beginning of each term to insure all reports are generated on a timely schedule; stay up-to-date on all federal regulations as they apply to the verification process
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages the awarding of all initial federal funds;
• Determines student eligibility;
• Makes awards to all eligible students in a timely manner;
• Manages the over-awards report;
• Manage student change request forms;
• Stays up-to-date on all federal regulations as they apply to the awarding of all federal/state aid
2. Manages student communications that include; outgoing mass emails; phone call to the main line; walk-in students; mange the front counter staff;
3. Advises and collaborates with the Director of Financial Aid on issues of compliance as they apply to federal, state, and institutional programs.
4. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the Financial Aid Department.
This position reports to the Director of Financial Aid. This position will supervise exempt and non-exempt position.
The above essential duties are representative of major duties in this position. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience (yrs.) Strong student orientation with six to eight years or pertinent work experience.
One to three years staff management experience.
Master’s Degree in Business or prior management experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to effectively communicate with students and staff members with a high degree of professionalism
2. Working knowledge of methods and procedures used in collecting, analyzing, and maintaining data.
3. Ability to understand and apply financial aid criteria
4. Strong attention to detail and understand the importance of confidentiality
5. Four to six years Financial Aid experience
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
2. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
3. No or very limited physical effort is required.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicants must apply online and attach a cover letter and resume.
Condition of Employment:
As required by Executive Order 14042, If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before beginning employment with the University.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.