This fellowship is designed to expose the individual to all aspects of ticket operations, including our use of Paciolan ticketing system. The objective of the fellowship is to help the individual learn all aspects of athletic ticketing, including customer service management, day-to-day operations, game day management, innovative ticket sales strategies, fiscal responsibility and a greater understanding of the athletic department as a whole.
Salary Grade: 9
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide daily coverage for ticket office phones and windows, while demonstrating exemplary customer service skills to ensure a first-class fan experience. Effectively and accurately answer inquires, explain policies, educate fans and resolve issues.
• Responsible for using Paciolan ticket system to assist with order entry and customer inquiries regarding ticket and donation records.
• Oversite for all ticketing operations related to Olympic Sport postseason play (setup, on sales, box office liaison, game day operations supervisor).
• Posts and maintains records, files and ledgers.
• Prepare invoices and receipts for customers as requested.
• Maintains inventory of various forms, special paper, labels, envelopes, etc.
• Make out-going phone calls to season ticket holders and prospects in an effort to increase season ticket sales as well as overall attendance.
• Assist in the training, supervision and support of student staff.
• Recommend improvements for the customer ticketing experience.
• Assist in monitoring the ticket office website for necessary updates.
• Assist with daily printing of tickets and distribution of tickets.
• Coordinate game day equipment setup.
• Assist with event supervision for other sports as directed.
• Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities are subject to change as needed for departmental efficiency.
Bachelor’s degree in related field with one (1) year of experience of working in a Ticket Office or in customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong communication, interpersonal, facilitation, and organizational skills;
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
3. Demonstrates sensitivity;
4. Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision;
5. Must be a person of integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and institutional rules;
6. Ability to work irregular hours.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Frequent interruptions based on changing priorities; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Please attach your Resume and cover letter to the Application.
November 29, 2921
Condition of Employment:
As required by Executive Order 14042, If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before beginning employment with the University.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.