Conduct training and technical assistance to family-home providers.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Throughout its history, Mississippi State University-Extension (MSU-ES) has demonstrated a deep and abiding commitment to programs that directly impact young children and their families. In the past decade, MSU-ES has distinguished itself as Mississippi’s premier infrastructural support of high-quality early childhood education.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Be able to fulfill topic-specific training and/or technical assistance conducted by Nurturing Homes. Areas of training and/or technical assistance topics may include but are not limited to:
child growth and development
early childhood care and education administration
best practice for learning
health/mental health and safety
parent/family outreach and support
2. Build & maintain professional and cooperative relationships with training and technical assistance participants.
3. Recruit and maintain participants.
4. Demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills.
5. Be able to work independently and meet deadlines given by immediate supervisor.
6. File reports in a timely manner (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.)
7. Fulfill requirements and responsibilities to be CLASS reliable and complete trainings for Business Administration Scale for Family Home Providers.
8. Continue professional development education per university guidelines.
9. Perform any other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood or a related field.
Experience: One (1) year similar to duties described.
Licensure: Valid Driver’s License.
Substitutions: An equivalent combination of related education and related experience may be considered for this position.
1. Master’s Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood or a related field.
2. Experience working with family-home providers in the child care field.
3. Experience directly related to the job duties and/or responsibilities specified.
4. Any additional early-childhood related credentials, e.g. Child Development Associate (CDA), Mississippi Director’s Credential, National Director’s Credential
5. CLASS reliable
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to use technology and experience with Microsoft Office software suite. Interviewed candidates will have to demonstrate their ability to use a computer to create a PowerPoint presentation and share that presentation with the hiring committee.
2. Ability to work with and adapt research materials for educational use which can be effectively communicated orally and/or in writing.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
5. Ability to travel as required during performance of assigned tasks.
6. Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Travel out of local area. Overnight travel will be required. Use of personal car required.
2. Irregular hours may be anticipated; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to this position.
3. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
4. Job requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
5. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by submitting: the completed online application, submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references and a current unofficial transcript (with social security numbers removed prior to submission).
An official transcript will be required if selected for employment.
June 2, 2022 until filled.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.