This position will be responsible for assisting with the daily duties of golf, for both the Men’s and Women’s programs, including but not limited to, operations at the Barn, inventory, equipment orders, etc.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee all operations at the Barn
o Golf facility maintenance –coordinate updates on greens mowed, range picked, balls available, health & safety measures met;
o Schedule and oversee semiweekly visit from Old Waverly Cleaning Crew;
o Place order, pick up and stock the nutrition station;
o Maintain relations with Mossy Oak Staff;
o Maintain clean and organized hitting bays;
o Maintain accurate inventory of resources available at The Barn, including gear, equipment, teaching aids;
o Prepare for men’s and women’s golf daily practice operations at The Barn, including driving range stocked and picked, practice set-up and tear-down;
2. Assist in packing for team’s departure for tournaments
o Distribute balls, gloves, tees;
o Fill snack box & medicine kit;
3. Assist with organization and operations of Men’s and Women’s home tournaments
o Order team gifts, setting menu, arranging live scoring volunteers, golf course signage;
4. Assist with Men’s & Women’s Golf Team equipment orders
o Pick-up, deliver and inventory Adidas annual & regular orders;
o Assist with all recruiting visit needs, including recruit pick-up/drop-off, food pick-up/drop-off, reservations, itinerary;
5. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in related field with one (1) year as a GA, Fellow or other experience in related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to prioritize and schedule work for efficient operations.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to travel.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., with one often to the point of being objectionable. Injuries may require professional treatment.
• Frequent - Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job occasionally requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
• Job occasionally requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 150 pounds.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Please attach your Resume and cover letter to the Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.