Assists Assistant Director of Administration with preparing Athletic Director for speaking engagements and various projects; manages charitable and memorabilia requests; assists with organizing and coordinating events and reunions for Athletic Department and Bulldog Club.
Salary Grade: 9
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with preparing presentations for Athletic Director’s speaking engagements.
• Assists with meeting prep work and research as assigned by Athletic Director.
• Coordinates fulfilment of charitable requests and memorabilia requests for the department.
• Assists Assistant Director of Administration with organizing all Athletic Department and Bulldog Club events and reunions, such as Seal Society, Top 25, Champions Society and Maroon and White Night
• Assist with hosting visitors of the Athletic Director.
• Assist Athletic Director as needed at athletic events.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in related field.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Relations or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with various constituents.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Ability to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
• Knowledge of NCAA and SEC rules and regulations.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Occasional and/or light lifting required. Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely result would be cuts, bruises, etc.
• Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
• Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Please attach your Resume and cover letter to the Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.