Perform QA/QC duties to support and maintain AAVLD accreditation for diagnostic testing on mammalian and poultry samples used to obtain data for monitoring programs and accurate diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure for salary ranges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1) Perform QA/QC duties and maintain QA/QC records required for AAVLD accreditation.
2) Assist with procedures, as needed, in different laboratory areas, and collaborate with other laboratory personnel, such as performing internal audits, assisting with corrective action and equipment.
3) Perform tests on veterinary specimens pertaining to serology, bacteriology, virology, and molecular diagnostics (including trimming of CWD samples) according to corresponding Standing Operating Procedures.
4) Conduct laboratory housekeeping procedures (inspecting and maintaining safety equipment,
decontamination procedures, cleaning of glassware, and material preparation).
5) Maintain various laboratory records, including quality, safety, technical data.
6) Other job related duties as assigned.
Bachelors of Science degree with major course work in an appropriate field
Two years of post-secondary training or education in a life sciences field or other field appropriate for the assignment and two years of related lab work
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online. Please include cover letter and resume along with names and addresses of three references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.