The Program Coordinator for Student Leadership & Community Engagement is responsible for the coordination, development, and management of programming for the Montgomery Leadership Program (Program). The coordinator provides guidance and direction for students, staff, and faculty of the Program. The coordinator reports to the Associate Director for Student Leadership & Community Engagement; and collaborates with the Director of Student Leadership & Community Engagement to implement campus-wide student leadership development and programming.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supports the development of strong interpersonal and communication skills for students in programmatic committees, and collectively throughout the Montgomery Leadership Program.
2. Advisor to students with academic or personal concerns regarding the program experience.
3. Coordinates the selection and evaluation processes.
4. Assists with developing and maintaining system to early identifying students experiencing academic difficulty and connecting to appropriate campus resources for support.
5. Monitor class attendance and grades of Montgomery Leadership Program students.
6. Develops curricula and teaches leadership courses associated with the Montgomery
7. Leadership Program and other future leadership development programs.
8. Supports development, collection, and analyzing of program assessments.
9. Works collaboratively with pertinent staff as well as various local and state organizations for community engagement endeavors, and capstone experiences.
10. Contributes to on-going development of the Montgomery Leadership Program through committees, mentors, and programmatic developments.
11. Works strategically throughout the community to generate synergy for the Program.
12. Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Higher Education, Public Policy, or a related field.
Minimum of one year employment experience in Higher Education, Public Policy, or a related field.
• Master’s Degree in college student personnel, student development, higher education, educational leadership, or related discipline.
• Three years leadership experience with equivalent of programming experience in a servant leadership program like the Montgomery Leadership Program at Mississippi State University or three years’ experience working with students in any educational setting, including basic computer skills, classroom management, and classroom engagement.
• Experience in leadership and student development and supporting college students in developing as servant leaders.
• Experience with program coordination through committee development and programming, confidential record documentation and management, and program evaluation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated problem solving skills to create solutions and manage conflict.
• Ability to work in a team environment while fostering respect among co-workers.
• Highly developed analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively (verbal and written).
• Ability to coordinate priorities and meet multiple daily deadlines.
• Ability to compile data, create and make meaningful presentations to large groups.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and according to FERPA guidelines.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Routine deadlines: priorities can be anticipated with some interruptions.
• Occasional exposure to demands and pressures outside immediate supervision.
• Frequent evening and weekend work required.
Frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
• Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting
up to 25 pounds. Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
List of Three References
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.