Non Tenure Track position beginning 8/16/2022 in the Department of Instructional Systems and Workforce Development with emphasis in Industrial Systems and Instructional Systems.
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Department of Instructional Systems and Workforce Development is a division of the College of Education at Mississippi State University.
Area of Specialization:
Industrial and Instructional Technology
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2022
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses in areas such as multimedia,
computer-aided design (CAD), 3-D modeling, and virtual and augmented reality;
• Teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses in a variety of formats including
online and face-to-face (F2F);
• Participate in course and curriculum development and revision aligned with appropriate
• Engage in department outreach and recruitment activities;
• Engage in professional development activities;
• Advise undergraduate and graduate students;
• Supervise the development and completion of projects, theses, and dissertations for
master’s, educational specialist, and doctoral degrees;
• Participate with the faculty to achieve departmental goals; and
• Provide appropriate service at the department, college, university, community, state, and
Earned doctoral degree at the time of employment in industrial technology, instructional technology, educational technology, information technology, or a closely related field.
Degree-pending candidates or ABDs will be considered.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
• Experience in teaching or training F2F and online;
• Experience designing F2F and online courses using course management systems;
• Experience working with PC repair/maintenance, networking, and/or robotics;
• Experience in the teaching of technical writing;
• Experience with human performance technology (HPT);
• Experience with current computer hardware and software systems;
• Active participation in service at the state, regional, or national levels;
• Experience in advising and supervising undergraduate and graduate students;
• Demonstrated potential to support department research endeavors; and
• Demonstrated commitment to work with diverse populations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Candidates for this position will be expected to be able to develop meaningful relationships with diverse student populations; to create detailed, high-quality online and face-to-face courses; to effectively teach courses in areas such as multimedia, computer-aided design (CAD), 3-D modeling, and virtual and augmented reality; to supervise student projects; to integrate research findings into instruction; and to mentor students.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
• A cover letter specifically addressing one’s qualifications and readiness for the position
• A curriculum vitae
• The names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references who can address the suitability of the applicant for the position
• Copies of college transcripts (official transcripts are required upon employment)
Note: Any social security numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online.0
• Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.