The Regional Assistant Director, under the Supervision of the Associate Director of
Recruitment, Director of Student Recruitment, the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment and the Provost, works closely with university officials in disseminating information about Mississippi State University. In addition, the Associate Director coordinates and supervises the implementation of the recruitment goals set by the University.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure for salary ranges.
Area of Specialization:
Texas and East Coast
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works with the Associate Director of Student Recruitment to implement recruiting goals outlined by the University.
2. Works with administrators, faculty, and other University personnel to enhance recruiting
3. Provides information and guidance to prospective students and their parents.
4. Represents MSU at conferences, meetings, and other official programs.
5. Coordinates recruitment efforts for TX, FL, GA, NC, SC, VA, Maryland, and the East Coast.
6. Serves as liaison between the Office of Student Recruitment and campus departments. 7. Examines and evaluates systems to improve the workflow process in the Office of Student Recruitment.
8. Coordinates out of state off campus events.
9. Trains and supervises the Assistant Directors, Admissions Counselors, and Coordinators in their out of state market.
10. Recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance recruitment operations.
1 1 . Participates in developing effective recruitment strategies.
12. Attend alumni meetings and alumni recruiting events when needed.
13. Attends colleges fairs, high school visits, and community college visits
14. Organizes and implements events within the territory
15. Knowledge of scholarship program, financial aid process, and registration processes.
Assists students and parents with all of these areas.
16. Keep current on university programs and changes within the academic schools and colleges.
17. Performs additional duties as required by the Associate Director, Director of Student Recruitment, Assistant Vice President for Enrollment, and the Provost.
May be responsible for training, assisting or assigning tasks to others. May provide input to performance reviews of other employees.
Bachelor's Degree Student Development, Counseling,
Public Relations, or a related field
Experience (yrs) Three years Directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Master's Degree in student development, counseling, or a related area. 4-5 years of experience in the related field.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. No or very limited physical effort required.
2. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
3. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.