The teacher reports to the Manager at the Child Development and Family Studies Center. Responsible for teaching and caring for young children and interacting positively with staff, parents, and university students.
Salary Grade: 10
Please see Staff Compensation Structure for salary ranges.
The School of Human Sciences provides education, research, and outreach programs related to human interaction and relationships, early childhood, child life, youth, adult and family studies, and teaching education in Family and Consumer Sciences and Agricultural Education. In addition, selected School programs focus on commerce, marketing, and using technology for problem solving and designing programs and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned to this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Primary teacher for a group of children.
2. Demonstrates a warm, calm, and unhurried manner.
3. Serves as a role model for children and university students.
4. Interacts effectively with students enrolled in Human Sciences courses.
5. Provides for the education, care, safety, and well-being of all children in the
6. Meets the children’s emotional, social, physical, and intellectual needs.
7. Plans and implements developmentally appropriate learning activities.
8. Maintains a cooperative relationship with children, co-workers, university students, and parents.
9. Demonstrates increasing understanding of child growth and development in working with children, in
talking with parents, and in recording activities.
10. Attends staff meetings, reports problems of child or room management to the manager promptly.
11. Attends in-service training, keeps current on developments in field of child development.
12. Follows personnel policies of the Child Development and Family Studies Center and the University.
13. Manages a safe, clean, and pleasant environment for young children.
14. Performs any related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Child Development or closely related field.
2. Meets required standards as specified by the State Department of Health/Child
Care Licensure Standards for staff including finger printing.
1. Experience teaching preschool children including group experience with children four years and
2. Prior staff and/or student supervision experience.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach 1) a cover letter; 2) resume; 3) the complete contact information for three professional references; and 4) a copy of transcripts , with SSN redacted, (official transcripts are required upon employment).
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.