Responsible execution of all conferences and events of the MSU Riley Center as well as coordinating center volunteers. Leads a team in superior customer service through favorable interactions between the center and its constituents.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Mississippi State University Riley Center is a performing arts and conference center that opened in 2006 in Meridian, Mississippi. We host more than 25 performing arts events as well as over 100 conference events each year. Visit www.msurileycenter.com for more information.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
July 16, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Recruits and equips volunteers to assist the center with concerts and events
2. Coordinates with all internal and external parties to ascertain a clear understanding of
3. Works with the Director of Conferences, Events, and Operations to provide planned
deliverables for contracted events
4. Responds to client correspondence and serves as inside sales representative for events
5. Works with scheduling software to adequately reserve space and facilitate specific event
requests and accommodations
6. Directs and trains intermittent and other staff on conference basics related to event
coordination, setup, tear down, quality customer service, standard operating procedures,
and emergency protocols.
7. Ensures comprehensive on-site management of events.
8. Other duties as assigned
Education: Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of advanced educational training and related experience.
Experience: Five or more years of experience in customer service or client relations.
• Experience working within state procurement and contract requirements
• Advanced educational training in business or a related hospitality field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excels in interpersonal communication
• Organized and attentive to detail
• Writes clearly and succinctly
• Self-starter with intuitive ability
• Ability to work with a diverse constituency
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Position requires some overtime and ability to work a flexible schedule including some
evenings, nights and weekends.
• Conditions may require last minute set-up changes involving moving tables, chairs and
sound systems, etc.
• Occasional and/or light lifting required. Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold,
noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve
minor safety hazards where likely result would be cuts, bruises, etc.
• Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions
influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a
few days; meeting of deadlines interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a
• Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and
lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicant must apply at jobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.