Provide administrative support in and coordinate the administrative function of a large and complex division, department or unit.
Salary Grade: 11
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The School of Architecture (housed in the College of Architecture, Art, and Design) is a 5-year Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) degree granting program engaged in the issues of our time. We offer opportunities for innovative teaching, creative research, and substantive interdisciplinary collaboration including the pioneering Collaborative Studies with the Building Construction Science program in the College. We pursue these commitments with a diverse faculty, all of whom teach both in the design studios and in the area of their specialization. We are deeply committed to the challenges of twenty-first century architects, ecological and cultural sustainability, craft of making and building, collaborative practice and integrated project delivery, as well as creativity and abstraction. All of these issues are intertwined in our research and teaching.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
July 16, 2022
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs, supervises, and coordinates the administrative function of a complex office.
2. Studies, analyzes, and recommends procedures and processes in order to improve continuity and simplify reporting.
3. Analyzes operating practices such as record keeping systems, office layout and performance standards to create new systems or revise established procedures; remain abreast of trends in administrative operations.
4. Coordinates collection of and participates in the preparation of operating reports using word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
5. Develops, plans, and implements programs, office policies, and procedures relevant to unit mission and goals.
6. Gathers data for budget preparation and inventory reports, prepares or assists in the preparation of the annual budget, and procures all supplies, furniture, and office equipment.
7. Manages complex events calendar for unit; coordinates the logistics of unit functions and events.
8. Develops summary reports, analyzes for administrator, and makes recommendations regarding findings.
9. Interviews, trains, and evaluates subordinate support staff.
10. All other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma
Experience (yrs.): 4-6 years Directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed.
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
2. Experience in fund accounting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
No or very limited physical effort required.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for a least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.