Provides leadership and direction in the client services functions of the department: housing applications, housing assignments, contracts, billing, and central office operations.
Salary Grade: 12
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Department of Housing and Residence Life strives to create a "home away from home" where students are individually and collectively challenged and supported in the journey to become mature, contributing citizens in a global community.
In support of the mission of Mississippi State University and the Division of Student Affairs, the Department of Housing and Residence Life cultivates an on-campus environment that promotes student success, engages students through intentional interactions, and challenges them to learn and grow beyond the classroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as a member of the department’s occupancy management and communications team.
2. In collaboration and with authorization from the Executive Director or Associate Director, communicates with external clients to coordinate special housing needs such as student support services students, living-learning communities, and athletes.
3. Ensures maintenance of residents’ housing files and records over 8000 applications annually.
4. Coordinates the generation of periodic position reports on occupancy and demographics for internal and external distribution.
5. Supervises and manages the receipt and processing of housing applications and housing assignment related requests, such as housing appeals.
6. Coordinates the generation and distribution of residence hall room assignments for new and returning students.
7. Ensures proper entry of residence hall room assignments and applicable information within the housing management system, StarRez for housing assignments, appropriate billing needs and housing appeals.
8. Oversees the operation of the central housing front desk operations, including customer service and routing client needs to the appropriate staff member as needed.
9. Coordinates periodic audits of central office procedures and records to ensure policy and procedure compliance and accountability.
10. Works with the departmental leadership to develop occupancy management strategic goals and objectives.
11. Coordinates inventory of important forms for housing such as emergency cards, room inventory forms, lock out forms, lock change forms, etc.
12. Serves on departmental, divisional, and/or university-wide committees as needed.
13. Actively involved with state, regional, and/or national professional associations.
14. Trains staff on policies, procedures, and housing software as needed. Evaluate departmental administrative policies and procedures and recommend revisions to the Associate Director.
15. Perform related duties as assigned.
An equivalent combination of related education and related experience may be considered for this position.
Two years of related experience
Experience working with the StarRez student housing software
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of computerized information systems and Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and Excel
2. Ability to supervise, train, manage, development and evaluate staff
3. Execute excellent customer service skills verbally and in writing
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and majority of work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Externally imposed deadlines, set or revised on short notice, frequent shifts in priority, numerous interruptions requiring immediate attention, unusual pressure on a daily basis due to accountability for success for major projects or areas of operation.
• Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, and hearing.
• Job occasionally requires standing, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applications must be submitted through the Human Resources Management Website at https://www.msujobs.msstate.edu/ by completing the online application and submitting a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and at least 3 professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.