Postdoctoral Associate for NGI
Salary Grade: UC
For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
• develop bioinformatics workflows;
• analyze marine ’omics datasets from environmental DNA, coral reefs, harmful algal blooms, and microbial communities;
• work in collaboration with NOAA, national, and international partners; and
• publish peer-reviewed papers describing analysis results.
• a Ph.D. in bioinformatics, genomics, molecular biology, microbiology, systems biology, or a related field;
• experience with biological big data (e.g., metagenomics, transcriptomics, and other ’omics datasets);
• experience with bioinformatics software, DNA sequence analysis, data science programming (e.g., Python, R), the Unix command line, computational workflows, and statistics;
• a strong publication record; and
• strong written and oral communication skills.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online with a resume, cover letter, and a copy of your transcripts. Any social security
numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.