Assists in academic advising and oversees the maintenance of academic records for a college or division.
Salary Grade: 9
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
July 16, 2022
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Processes requests for transcripts, student grade records, course descriptions, and other information in accordance with privacy laws and university policies.
2. Checks transcripts to verify accuracy; validates and distributes transcripts according to requests.
3. Greets visitors in person or on the phone, providing customer service with advice and guidance regarding the registration process; may refer customers to appropriate department or university site.
4. Responds to inquiries by telephone or letter regarding academic standing, transcript problems, and unclear or irregular transcript requests.
5. Processes name changes and updates other academic and demographic information in files and on computer.
6. Provides transcripts, enrollment verification, and degree certifications by mail, FAX, or telephone, according to prescribed procedures; advises students concerning their records.
7. Maintains files in proper order; pulls records for processing and refiles.
8. Maintains logs of records release transactions initiated by other departments.
9. May process cash receipts and cash-related transactions, such as money lists for deposits.
10. Performs related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma; Experience: 2-4 years of clerical experience. Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to evaluate student transcripts and/or records.
2. Ability to complete routine paperwork.
3. Ability to follow routine verbal or written instructions.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
5. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
6. Records maintenance skills.
7. Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
8. Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
9. Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws regarding student records.
10. Ability to communicate with and provide routine assistance to customers.
11. Clerical, word processing, and/or office skills.
12. Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
13. Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
* No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume, or curriculum vitae and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.