This position will work as a team member in Enterprise Information Systems at Mississippi State University. The Systems Analyst implements, maintains, and supports Information Systems to meet the University needs. This position supports the complete life cycle process of one or more ERP application systems.
Salary Grade: 16
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform design, implementation, and upgrades of information systems to meet the business and user needs
• Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot core business applications, including application servers, associated hardware, endpoints, and databases
• Enhance and maintain computer systems and associated networks and write computer programs.
• Translate highly technical specifications into clear non-technical requirements
• Define and coordinate the execution of testing procedures, and develop test cases to serve the overall quality assurance process
• Create and maintain documentation that describes programs, operating procedures, and installations, including, but not limited to internal knowledge base, solutions, and project updates.
• Provide project leadership for functional work groups enabling them to stay on time and on task.
• Assist with the administration, maintenance, and support of Ellucian products and integrating software to third party systems.
• Monitor, track, and report project risks, issues, milestones, and work completed.
• Stay updated on industry-wide changes, participate in technical user groups, and attend relevant training classes
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution. Any equivalent combination of related education and related experience may be considered.
Six years of related work experience.
• Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
• Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with database maintenance and administration
• Previous experience with data modeling and/or developing systems in a Linux/Oracle environment using any or all of the following: C, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Groovy, Spring, Hiberate, HTTP
• Excellent analytical skills
• Work experience work in a higher education environment
• Working knowledge of the Ellucian Banner ERP functional/technical environment.
• Demonstrated programming experience and knowledge with SQL databases; such as Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL
• Ability to program and provide system support in C, PageBuilder, Java, Perl, batch, Power/Shell, or other general-purpose programming languages
• Experience writing and programming APIs (Application Programmer Interfaces)
• Experience developing systems in Linux/Oracle environment
• Knowledge of development environment tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, Subversion, Maven, and Ant
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by attaching a cover letter and resume which includes the names and addresses of 3 professional references. We will accept applications only from persons with indefinite employment authorization in the U.S., and will not sponsor for nonimmigrant or immigrant status for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.