Coordinate and lead multiple projects of redesigning and maintaining various departmental websites using a content management system and other technologies, working alongside back-end programmers and departmental representatives. This position will write, edit, and proofread copy, as well as create and coordinate graphic design work as needed for various websites.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure for salary ranges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assess the content and structure of current websites and create a plan to redesign, reorganize and refresh various departmental websites. Lead each departmental project from beginning to end.
2. Provide leadership to staff representatives involved in departmental projects.
3. Develop a working relationship with staff representatives across the division as well as with ITS personnel and the Office of Public Affairs.
4. Supervise progress of each individual project. Determine resources and participants needed to achieve individual project goals. Draft and submit revisions to structure and content of website proposals, and recommend subsequent changes where necessary. Negotiate with departmental representatives for the acquisition of required material (data, photos, graphics, etc.) to complete each project.
5. Ensure all visual identity standards and university branding requirements are followed.
6. Write, edit, research, and/or revise a variety of marketing materials such as features, brochures, publications, web content, and other marketing tools. Produce quality written content that is informative and engaging.
7. Design and produce camera-ready art including graphs, charts, digitization of graphics and/or photos for web or print.
8. Coordinate a graphics or photographic library and/or maintain digital records.
9. Ensure the key messages and critical issues are accurately and consistently presented across documents and media.
10. Develop and manage content production schedules, monitor the progress of content areas, and uphold editorial standards, project requirements and deadlines.
11. Supervise, train and direct the work of a student intern and staff of student workers.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, English or Marketing
2. Two years of experience related to above-stated duties and responsibilities
3. Experience working with a content management system
4. Proficient using Microsoft Office products and CS5 or higher
1. Knowledge of search and usability reporting to identify and optimize search term and site navigation effectiveness.
2. Knowledge of SEO strategies
3. Knowledge of CRM enterprise applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Exceptional writing, proofreading and editing skills with great attention to detail
2. Excellent project and time management skills; ability to drive work to completion
3. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across multiple constituent groups, including faculty, staff and students; ability to influence and drive positive change
4. Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare content and layout in an organized structure
5. Strong knowledge of copy layout and graphic design
6. Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Photoshop
7. Ability to coordinate multiple projects and shift priorities frequently in a fast-paced environment
8. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
9. Ability to present complex ideas concisely through written and verbal delivery with various audiences
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.