The Assistant Clinical Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering is under the administrative supervision of the Department Head of Industrial and Systems Engineering and will serve as a professional faculty member.
Salary Grade: UC
For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering is one of the eight academic departments in the Bagley College of Engineering. The Department offers an ABET-accredited bachelor's program in Industrial Engineering at the Starkville and Engineering on the Coast Campus, as well as master's and doctoral degrees (Starkville campus and online). The undergraduate enrollment is roughly 250 students, and the graduate enrollment roughly 110 students. The website is www.ise.msstate.edu.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2023
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Teach undergraduate courses in the general areas of Industrial and Systems Engineering and serve as research and project advisor for undergraduate design and research projects.
2) Provide advice, counseling, and oversight to undergraduate students engaged in approved
extracurricular activities such as design competitions and professional society activities
3) Serve as a member of the graduate faculty in Industrial and Systems Engineering
4) Teach graduate courses in the general areas of Industrial and Systems Engineering
5) Serve as a graduate committee member for graduate students seeking MS and Ph.D. degrees.
6) Stay informed and current regarding topics related to principal areas of expertise
7) serve as an active member of the technical community and participate in professional and technical society activities as appropriate.
8) participate and serve as a member of the department faculty to promote the strategy and goals of the department.
Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering or Ph.D. in closely related area is required.
Preferred qualifications include teaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills are required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Instructions for Applying:
Interested parties must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and must include a cover letter, vita and complete contact information for at least three references.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.