The Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Special Education at Mississippi State University (MSU), is seeking applications for a full-time, 9-month tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank in Secondary Math Education. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Salary Grade: UC
For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Please see the departmental webpage at https://www.cise.msstate.edu/
Area of Specialization:
Secondary Mathematics Education
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2023
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Teach five classes each year, a mixture of graduate and undergraduate courses, both face-to-face and online in the secondary education teacher preparation program.
2) Develop or continue research in field of expertise.
3) Advise secondary math education students.
4) Serve on departmental committees and participate in departmental meetings/activities.
5) Demonstrate a high commitment to quality teaching.
6) Work effectively with students and colleagues.
7) Other duties as assigned.
1) An earned doctorate, with an emphasis in secondary math education, in Curriculum and Instruction, and demonstration of potential in areas of teaching and advising.
2) Three years of 7-12 teaching experience.
3) Technology skills required for online instruction.
1) Licensed to teach mathematics, grades 7-12.
2) Classroom and advising experience beyond the minimum qualifications listed.
3) Knowledge of program requirements for educators.
4) Teaching experience in higher education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1) Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
2) Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with a diverse group of individuals.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online and should include 1) a cover letter, 2) a curriculum vitae, 3) a statement of teaching philosophy, 4) a research statement, 5) copies of unofficial transcripts, and 6) a list of at least four professional references with complete contact information.
Please submit documents as attachments along with the online application.
Please address the cover letter to Dr. Janice Nicholson, Department Head, MSU Mailstop 9705, 310 Allen Hall, MS State, MS 37962.
Any social security numbers included on the requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting them online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.