Assists the creative unit and Director of Photography in file storage, digital asset management, editing metadata, student athlete content distribution, digital file distribution, editing photos, and covering Mississippi State Athletic events.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in digital file management of athletic events in order to provide images for press releases, HailState.com, social media, public relations and archival purposes; can provide images to staff quickly while on assignment for use on social media.
2. Performs accurate editing, correction, archival and file storage in a timely manner; follows department procedures and standards for filing, documenting and maintaining images.
3. Collaborates proactively with administration and colleagues to ensure consistent output of high-quality photos in line with Mississippi State Athletics’ visual brand.
4. Assists in management of Opendorse tool in order to properly deliver digital files to student athletes in a timely manner.
5. Works with Director of Photography to maintain PhotoShelter library and prepare physical photo archive to be digitized.
6. Collaborates with campus IT and creative staff to properly manage file storage on local servers.
7. Plans photo composition, analyzes subject matter, exercises artistic judgment, and can design production shoots in collaboration with creative staff.
8. Has a professional knowledge of Canon cameras and lenses along with professional grade studio lighting and light modifiers.
9. Assists with the overview and education of student photographers within the department.
10. Utilizes editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Camera Raw, and Photo Mechanic.
11. Collaborates with Marketing, Communications and Director of Photography to determine needs for posters, graphics and social media that support the Hail State brand; assists with the planning and production of studio photo shoots.
12. Has the ability to work some late nights, early mornings, long shifts, weekends, and holidays.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Will assist in supervision of creative strategy students including but not limited to creative photo critiques and educational workshops.
Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Photography, Graphic Arts, or a related field with one (1) year of experience in Digital Strategy.
Knowledge in digital asset management software.
Knowledge of NCAA and SEC rules and compliance related to promotion of intercollegiate athletics.
Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop with regards to photo composition and accurate color correction.
Knowledge of basic photography techniques.
Independent decision-making skills and ability to multi-task.
Previous experience within an NCAA athletic department (preferably within a “Power 5” conference) or professional sports team/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of photographic technology, equipment, and techniques, including editing and archiving.
• Basic competency in applying theories, principles, and techniques of photography and design.
• Basic knowledge of studio off-camera lighting design principles.
• Basic knowledge and ability with MacOS and Adobe Creative Suite. Can manage and manipulate digital image files.
• Ability to interact and collaborate with colleagues, coaches, and student athletes to produce the highest quality images.
• Creativity and artistic judgment.
• Reliability and ability to meet deadlines.
• High level of customer service skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, inclement weather, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc. Injuries may require professional treatment.
Externally imposed deadlines set or revised on short notice; frequent shifts in priority; numerous interruptions requiring immediate attention; high pressure situations.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, reaching, kneeling/crouching/crawling, talking, hearing, listening, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 50 pounds; occasionally requires climbing or balancing, and lifting up to 100 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically, ability to distinguish colors.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Please attach your Resume and cover letter to the Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.