This position will work as a team member in Enterprise Information Systems at Mississippi State University. The Software Developer supports the University community by developing, coordinating, and managing enterprise application software systems and enterprise data by providing critical information services to our clients.
Salary Grade: 16
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead technical projects by developing plans and providing status updates to managers.
• Train end users and technical support staff to use a wide variety of Enterprise Applications.
• Provide leadership, guidance, and mentoring to junior team members.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution and four years of relevant work experience.
Any equivalent combination of related education and related experience may be considered.
• Demonstrated experience in full system lifecycle development including requirements gathering, systems design, systems development/programming, testing, deployment, and maintenance of large enterprise systems
• Experience analyzing and developing touchpoints between enterprise applications and ancillary applications; developing an understanding of web services, API’s, and other integration technologies.
• Significant customer service experience
• Experience working with Ellucian Banner systems
• Four years’ experience working in enterprise systems in the higher education environment.
• Four years’ experience working with Oracle SQL and related database analysis tools
• Extensive Experience with SQL and PL/SQL programming
Instructions for Applying:
Attach a cover letter and resume which includes the names and addresses of 3 professional references. We will accept applications only from persons with indefinite employment authorization in the U.S., and will not sponsor for nonimmigrant or immigrant status for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.