Produce creative video content for Mississippi State Athletics media platforms and in-venue displays.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Senior Director of Video Content and the video content team by shooting/editing/producing a range of high-quality video content for use across Mississippi State Athletics social/digital platforms and in-venue displays.
2. Lead the creative video content strategy for select primary sport(s) with direction from Senior Director of Video Content.
3. Complete projects in a timely manner, while meeting the overall strategy and philosophy goals of the department.
4. Collaborate with supervisors and team to maintain strategy and content calendar to produce videos and digital elements for internal and external promotional efforts.
5. Assist in maintaining staff vision and philosophy for all social media platforms.
6. Meet quick turnarounds to post high-quality videos.
7. Provide insight to push department forward with emerging trends in social, digital media, as well as in-venue entertainment.
8. Assist External Affairs team with creative media needs in support of assigned sports, social media, marketing, recruiting, messaging, communications, ticket sales and attendance.
9. Ensure consistency in brand guidelines and messaging related to content and posting.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Videography, Photography, Graphic Design or related field with one (1) year of experience in Creative Media Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must ensure compliance with NCAA, SEC and University policies and procedures.
• Ability to travel with the team.
• Professional, optimistic, positive problem-solver.
• Required to work quickly, efficiently, and with adaptability under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work long hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite required, specifically Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
• Work experience and knowledge of video production, including but not limited to shooting, non-linear editing, color correction, audio editing.
• Experience within NCAA Division I college athletics program desired.
• Proven success producing creative and innovative multi-media content.
• Experience in other multi-media production platforms (web sites, animation, graphic design) desired.
• Knowledge of professional and cinematic video cameras required, including but not limited to Sony FS7, FS5, a7s.
• Knowledge of a collegiate athletics department and the NCAA structure desired.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion.
• Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
• Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
• Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Please attach your Resume and cover letter to the Application.
November 14, 2022
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.