Under general supervision, employs a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in a particular field of specialization to plan, coordinate, and conduct research.This is a part-time, 12 month position.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure for salary ranges.
The Department of Psychology is within the College of Arts & Sciences. It houses 22 tenure track faculty members, over 600 undergraduates, and about 40 doctoral students.
Area of Specialization:
Clinical Psychology or Related Field
Anticipated Appointment Date:
January 16, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans, coordinates, and conducts scientific research requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard scientific techniques.
2. Applies an analytical approach to the solution of a wide variety of problems, or applies specialized techniques or ingenuity in selecting and evaluating approaches to unforeseen or novel problems.
3. Demonstrates and applies thorough understanding of scientific methods, research protocols, assessment instruments, and data interpretation.
4. Designs, performs, and/or oversees experiments and data collection to ensure data integrity, quality control, and protocol compliance.
5. Collects, analyzes, and interprets data; prepares statistical and narrative reports and/or graphs, as appropriate to the specific position; prepares manuscripts for publication; presents research results to scientific conferences and other groups.
6. Independently performs most research assignments with instructions as to the general results expected; receives guidance on unusual or complex problems.
7. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
8. Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
9. May lead, guide, and train staff/student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work; may participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Beginning with a Bachelor's degree in related discipline:
A professional employee with a bachelor's degree and demonstrated competence can begin work at the Research Associate I Level.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office or lab work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at http://www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.