Network Administrator is a position under administrative supervision of the Director of Information Technology Infrastructure. Specific activities include installation, maintenance, management, and support of data network electronics and software in an enterprise 1/10/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet network.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with deploying and monitoring core network infrastructure equipment in the MSU network, including physically installing network hardware in wiring closets, routing and interconnecting cable interfaces, and installing and configuring software.
2. Provide technical support to the MSU community of users.
3. Periodically, perform on-call duties by carrying a pager that alerts on system and network emergencies requiring immediate response 7x24.
4. Be available weekends and nights for performance of duties.
5. Meet regularly with other members of the Network Services staff to discuss current issues and future plans.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent experience in a network administration field.
The following are desirable in addition to the minimum qualifications:
• Network related certifications such as Cisco CCNA/CCNP or CWNP.
• Experience with Fortinet firewall hardware and management software.
• Experience with network routers and switches.
• Experience with 802.11a/g/n/ac/ax wireless deployments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with TCP/IP and the Internet protocols.
• Experience with Python, PERL, bash or other UNIX/LINUX scripting and text processing language.
• Experience with Ethernet.
• Well-developed Interpersonal communication skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
2. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
3. No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Attach a cover letter and resume which includes the names and addresses of 3 professional references. We will accept applications only from persons with indefinite employment authorization in the U.S., and will not sponsor for nonimmigrant or immigrant status for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.