The Geosystems Research Institute (GRI) at Mississippi State University seeks a highly motivated and self-driven research engineer to design and develop small (less than 50 pound) vehicles. The employee will assist in the planning, execution, facilitation, and promoting advanced scientific research projects, as well as incorporating innovation and develop advances in research concepts, methodologies, and approaches as needed. The engineer will assist in the designing, development, and testing of new equipment, instruments, reagents, and/or experimental protocols for research (including hardware, software, statistical methods, etc.), as well as collaborate with other researchers as appropriate. The engineer may be asked to participate in the preparation and writing of grant/contracts applications and reports and may serve as a co-author of scientific research manuscripts.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and develop uncrewed (autonomous) vehicles in support of various research
• Create and implement embedded systems within a robot operating system
• Contribute to the creation and documentation of the building development in reports and/or
• Test platform with performance testing procedures to ensure proper operations
• Experience with analyzing testing data to improve feedback results for error-free operation.
• Interact in a collaborative manner with other team members to accomplish project goals
• Other duties as assigned
B.S. in engineering or computer science; Less than one year in a related area.
• Knowledge of at least one or more programming languages (e.g., C, Lua)
• Knowledge of circuit analysis
• Knowledge, skills, and abilities in robotic systems (hardware and software)
• Ability to develop algorithms for autonomous applications
• Knowledge of microcontrollers (e.g., Arduinos)
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your transcript(s). Any social security numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.