Assist in the coordination, development and implementation of the statewide career and technical education testing program, Mississippi Career Planning and Assessment System, and related activities; analyzing and interpreting student testing and program data; providing information to others; and implementing and maintaining student testing and assessment services within established guidelines and standards. Projects may also include work such as career and technical education program evaluation and professional learning.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties that may be assigned to this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Lead the development, creation, implementation, and reporting of career and technical education secondary and postsecondary assessments and related data derived from the use of the Mississippi Career Planning and Assessment System.
2. Must understand education achievement related data sets and be able to organize, analyze and effectively communicate the data.
3. Keep abreast of all new development in areas of data analysis and disseminate current information to stakeholders.
4. Must develop and lead meetings, workshops, and presentations in an online or face-to-face environment for teachers, administrators, and other stakeholders in the areas of assessment, data collection, analysis, and implementation.
5. Monitor the results of both state and district testing and assist schools with analysis of the results and assist with the design and implementation of focused intervention.
6. Facilitate committee meetings such as Item Writing, Standard Setting or Data Review meetings.
7. May be asked to help with curriculum writing, evaluation, and professional learning functions of the RCU that are core operations.
8. Must be flexible and willing to change assignments and responsibilities regularly throughout the year.
9. Must work with other RCU personnel in project teams to complete tasks.
10. Participate in activities which lead to continued professional growth.
11. Serves in a support role to all divisions within the RCU.
Bachelor’s degree and three years’ experience working in education or non-profit organizations in the area of curriculum, assessment, and instruction activities.
Master’s degree and two years’ experience working in education or non-profit organizations in the area of curriculum, assessment, and instruction activities.
Demonstrated leadership experience in an education or non-profit environment, preferably in a high-level management or supervisory role. Teaching and/or administrative experience in middle/high school. Exemplary teaching experience in assigned curricular area(s).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or cooperatively as each project requires.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Ability to innovate and work as both a team member and team leader.
• Experience with developing and planning intervention strategies based on assessment data. Understanding of curriculum development, assessment development, and evaluation methods. Experience with making presentations and leading meetings.
• Ability to create educational products at a level of high quality.
• Strong ability to work autonomously and independently to manage project.
• Experience with current technology, emerging technologies, office systems, Canvas and other online learning management systems is a plus.
• Knowledge of education trends in the areas of Common Core Standards, Career Pathways, innovative high school designs, leadership, 21st century skills, and college and career readiness.
• Demonstrated strong experience working with education achievement data.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; may involve conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis. Expectations and job assignments will change frequently.
• Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
• Job frequently requires driving and applicant must hold valid driver’s license.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Apply online and submit a resume, cover letter, and the complete contact information for a least 3 references.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.