Work involves the installation, operation, modification, maintenance, and repair of a variety of sound devices and audio equipment regarding facilities and special events.
Salary Grade: 12
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for setting up, adjusting, and running audio equipment for University events such as inaugurations, commencements, concerts, sporting events, etc.
2. Conducts field repairs on equipment as necessary.
3. Serves as a quick responder to events where there are problems with equipment.
4. Maintains required performance and maintenance records for sound equipment.
5. Responsible for maintaining audio equipment inventory.
6. Travels to off-campus locations to set up and operate sound equipment for University related events.
7. Provides support and services to administration and University constituents as needed.
8. Will be required to work evenings and weekends to provide services at after-hours events.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Three to five years of related experience.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
1. Additional college or technical education in a related field.
2. Experience with sound, lighting and video systems
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
This position requires the employee to perform physical duties including working at varying heights and ability to lift, and/or carry, equipment weighing up to 100 pounds.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.