The Program Coordinator supports the implementation and tracking of specific project activities and deliverables for a large 5-year grant. Primary responsibilities include (a) managing logistics, (b) maintaining a schedule for all project deadlines, (c) assisting with the implementation of an existing project work plan, (d) editing and formatting written products, and (e) collecting and compiling program evaluation and other relevant data. The major objective of the position is to ensure that all planned grant activities occur seamlessly and within the specified timelines.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a calendar, action plans, and workflows for the OIB-TAC project to help ensure
the completion of the objectives, activities, and measurable outcomes required by the
• Develop relationships with and maintain communication with external constituents,
including program managers from each state and collaborators
• Maintain contact lists and manage a listserv
• Compile and organize information for quarterly and annual reports to the funding agency
• Manage logistics for project events, including an annual conference, meetings, and training
• Edit and format documents, reports, and PowerPoints
• Build surveys in Qualtrics and retrieve and organize the data collected
• Assist as needed with travel arrangements and manage travel receipts and reimbursement
for project-related travel
• Coordinate program evaluation activities, including assisting with data collection and data
management, under the supervision of the project director
• Occasional travel to help implement conferences and meetings
• Perform related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree, with a focus area of Business Administration, Management, Social Work, Counseling, or related field requiring adaptive problem-solving or project planning.
Two years of experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Master’s degree
• Experience with online survey development software such as Qualtrics
• Experience using Excel for tracking data and statistics
• Ability to conduct and interpret basic statistical analyses
• Experience with event planning and management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a
wide range of stakeholders in a diverse community
• Expertise in evaluating and editing the content, structure, and format of written material
produced for a range of purposes
• Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office products and Zoom (or similar video conferencing
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Logistical skills, including the ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and events
• Advanced time management skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Ability and interest in establishing rapport with external project constituents
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
• Ability to use independent judgment to prioritize work tasks in order to meet project
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Work is typically performed in an interior/office work environment.
• No or minimal exposure to physical risk.
• No or little physical effort is required.
• Meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are critical to the position;
involves problem-solving or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a
• Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands
Instructions for Applying:
Please follow both steps for applying for the position. Email your letter of application, resume or curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for at least three references to email@example.com. Additionally, apply through the university's job website at: https://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu, PARF Number 505931 (job title – Program Coordinator, NRTC). For more information about our center, view the NRTC website at https://blind.msstate.edu.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.