Our center has the resources, mentorship, and funding pathways to create successful, well-funded start-ups, so we will need help advertising these resources; Knowledge, belief, and incentive; Delivering messaging from the Vicksburg E-Center to the broader community; This position's principle goal is to recruit aspiring entrepreneurs within the community to become involved in E-Center programs.
Employees hired into Intermittent positions are limited to working no more than 720 hours per fiscal year.
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Empowering students to plan, launch and grow successful local and global companies based on new ideas or MSU invented technology.
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Plan, organize, and execute marketing campaigns to recruit Vicksburg entrepreneurs.
2) Assist in organizing and running live events, both in-person and online, to engage potential entrepreneurs.
3) Work closely with the center's Program Coordinator to regularly develop engaging marketing materials.
4) Lead efforts to source story leads and construct short narratives that highlight successful entrepreneurs.
5) Collaborate and seed story ideas to journalists that can help entrepreneurs gain meaningful press exposure.
6) Maintain persistent social media messaging on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms.
7) Make suggestions on how to streamline processes or increase efficacy of program.
8) Complete other duties as requested by professional staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 18 years or older
- Living in or around Vicksburg, MS
1) Interest in working on a new startup or prior experience with a startup company.
2) Computer and social media literacy/familiarity
3) Pursuing or achieved a higher education degree (Associate, Bachelor's, etc.)
4) Demonstrated ability to manage organizational-level social media.
5) Experience organizing and running live events.
6) Experience with managing newsletter.
7) Experience with writing press releases, stories, or other similar PR.
8) Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud or comparable software.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Given that Vicksburg has a strong events culture, a significant portion of our outreach will be done through hosting in-person and virtual events. Organizing, promoting, and assisting in running these events smoothly will be one of the main expectations for the position. Given the constantly evolving nature of marketing and the recent formation of our Vicksburg team, expect the week-to-week responsibilities to be updating as we explore different marketing methods.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Examples of Working Conditions and Physical Effort. Please edit as necessary.
•Ability to stand, stoop, bend, grab, reach, lift and other motions related to a physical and active work environment.
•Must be willing to occasionally work assignments outside of normal business hours.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume, or curriculum vitae and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.