The function of the Admissions Coordinator for Recruitment for Engineering is to represent Mississippi State University to prospective students, parents, alumni, faculty, and staff. Under the supervision of the Director, the Admissions Coordinator is responsible for directing, coordinating, and organizing the recruitment strategies and programs for the College of Engineering.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Area of Specialization:
College of Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To increase new undergraduate student enrollment for the College of Engineering.
2. Oversee and implement a communication for prospective students and their parents.
3. Oversee and implement recruiting events on and off campus.
4. Directs, coordinates, and organizes undergraduate recruitment strategies and programs
for the Bagley College of Engineering (BCoE).
5. Facilitates, conducts and supervises campus visits for BCoE.
6. Works closely with high school guidance counselors and community college counselors
with the recruitment of prospective students.
7. Works closely with the Admissions Counselors and Assistant Directors in the Office of
Student Recruitment with organizing school visits and recruiting top students.
8. Participates in recruiting at high schools, community colleges, and college fairs, to recruit
students and provide information to prospective students and their parents, and promote
9. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in related field and 0-2 years of experience in recruiting, admissions or higher education.
Experience in recruiting and enrollment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Experience working with students, parents, university administrators, and faculty.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple and varied
4. Proficiency in word processing or database management.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is
performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
2. Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and
predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves
occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate
3. Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
4. Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10
5. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.edu and attach a cover letter, resume and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.