Vacancy for a part-time position with primary responsibility teaching and advising students in the Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program.
Salary Grade: UC
For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Please see our website at www.meridian.msstate.edu/academics/physician-assistant/
Area of Specialization:
Master of Physician Assistant Studies
Anticipated Appointment Date:
October 1, 2023
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in the continuing development of the program, ARC-PA provision and continuing accreditation processes.
2. Instruct graduate-level physician assistant courses during all phases of the program.
3. Advise students and participate in school and university committees.
4. Maintain and analyze program data as assigned.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by the program director.
6. Participate in student evaluation
7. Participate in the Admission processes
Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an Accredited PA Program.
Experience of 3 to 5 years of as a practicing Physician Assistant.
Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Physician Assistant in Mississippi.
Current NCCPA Certification.
Doctoral degree in a relevant field with a focus on Physician Assistant Studies and teaching experience in a Physician Assistant Program above the minimum qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
2. Ability to prioritize competing demands and the ability to meet deadlines.
3. Ability to exercise good judgement and discipline.
4. Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
5. Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
6. Ability to efficiently and effectively work in a fast - paced environment with multiple responsibilities .
7. Ability to prioritize work load; meet deadlines and foster a willingness to continuously learn and grow professionally to excel at one's highest capacity.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Work is primarily in a classroom setting. Some clinical instruction will be required.
2. Exposure to physical risk and physical effort as expected in a clinical setting.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, and vitae. In addition, an official transcript and certification must be mailed to
Dr. Shey Washburn - PA Program Director
MSU-Meridian Riley Campus
2214 5th Street
Meridian, MS 39301
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.