The Intermittent Worker, Test Proctor and Support supports aspects of accommodated testing and is responsible for proctoring exams and quizzes and to provide accessibility to all students in meeting testing requirements. This may include serving as a reader or writer for a student approved for those accommodations.
Employees hired into Intermittent positions are limited to working no more than 720 hours per fiscal year.
Salary Grade: UC
For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Area of Specialization:
Test Proctor and Support
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Proctor exams and quizzes.
2. Serve as a reader of tests or as a scribe (writer of dictated information) when approved and necessary for a test taker.
3. Monitor students taking tests to ensure a secure testing environment.
4. Assist in the distribution and collection of all test materials.
5. Respond to and troubleshoot testing situations with professionalism and a calm demeanor.
6. Maintain a professional and pleasant atmosphere to create a quiet environment and ensure student testing needs are met.
7. Secure exam materials while maintaining student confidentiality.
8. Greet students and manage admissions to and from the testing location.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma
General high school curriculum
No prior experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to pay attention to details.
2. Welcoming and calm demeanor.
3. Ability to accurately record observations.
4. Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
5. Respectful of diverse backgrounds, learning styles, and abilities.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
7. Ability to work independently.
8. Computer literate with knowledge of web and Microsoft applications.
9. Professional, flexible, and dependable.
10. Responsive to e-mail communications and punctual.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Requires limited lifting of files and records up to 25 pounds. Work is primarily performed in a indoor in a temperature-controlled facility.
2. Position may involve reporting of academic integrity violations which can be emotionally stressful.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.