Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of all University Transit shuttle buses and vehicles.
Salary Grade: 09
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Wash, clean, and maintain the interior and exterior of shuttle fleet.
2. Report any maintenance issues that are observed while cleaning buses
3. Coordinate all cleaning so as to meet the operational and repair needs of the department.
4. Assist in ordering supplies and inventory of cleaning supplies.
5. Assist transit staff as needed to maintain operational needs of the department.
6. Perform related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
2. Ability to safely and efficiently operate a loaded passenger bus
3. Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking and filling fluids and water levels.
4. Ability to supervise and train staff.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Outdoor Work involves exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, weather conditions, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Requires handling of objects up to 50 lbs. and on occasion heavy lifting may be involved.
3. Requires frequent walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
4. Requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/ and frequent basis.
5. Work environment can involve exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.