The Director of Videoboard Operations is responsible for creating dynamic and captivating videoboard shows to foster an exceptional environment at all Mississippi State Athletic home events.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as the primary contact for all videoboard shows and videoboard needs. This includes, not limited to, loading, testing, and system maintenance.
2. Produces games and events using Daktronics show control and related systems.
3. Works closely with Fan Experience and Bulldog Sports Properties staff to ensure all sponsorship and marketing content is properly displayed on in-venue videoboards.
4. Collaborates with the Broadcast Operations & Technology staff to ensure high-level productions.
5. Responsible for upgrades and maintenance checks on all Daktronics systems and related control room equipment.
6. Recruits, trains, and supervises a team of students and freelancers in the execution of all videoboard related functions.
7. Assists Assistant AD/Fan Experience with special projects as assigned.
8. Assists Videoboard Engineer with maintenance of videoboard equipment and recommends new equipment as needed.
9. Performs related duties as assigned.
Supervises the student/freelance videoboard operation program.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Broadcast Journalism, Media Studies, or related field with three (3) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Comprehensive knowledge of Daktronics Software and Controllers including Show Control, Content Studio, Venus Control Suite, All Sport, Data Studio, and other systems.
• Working knowledge of current live production hardware including Ross Video Switchers, Ross Xpression Graphics System, Evertz Dreamcatcher Replay System, and DiGiCo Console Mixers.
• Comprehensive knowledge of video software recognized as industry standards such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects.
• Excellent organizational skills to handle the volume and variety of projects for which they must be accomplished.
• Ability to meet deadlines, follow priorities, and schedule work on several projects at once.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions and work long hours.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
• Job occasionally requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting to 25 pounds.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Please attach your Resume and cover letter to the Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.