This position provides support for marketing and admissions functions of Health Sciences programs/projects on MSU’s Meridian Campus and will report directly to the Associate Vice Provost of Health Sciences. Serving as a manager of first impressions, the Admissions and Marketing Coordinator works within university guidelines to develop and maintain positive brand identity for MSU’s emerging Health Sciences programs. This person will work collaboratively across the Meridian Campus and with colleagues in various support units on the Starkville Campus including the Office of Public Affairs, Graduate Office, and various enrollment services offices.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure for salary ranges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages social media platforms for all health science programs including Physician Assistant, Nursing, Health Care Administration, and newly developed or related programs. Provides fresh and relevant content through photography, video, and concise well written posts.
2. Ensures consistent, collective branding of existing and new health science programs.
3. Assists in the creation and editing of new content and edits existing content across websites, social media, and promotional materials. Provides advice and recommendations on content and design changes for materials for health science programs. Incorporates social media and networking into program/project aspects as appropriate.
4. Develops flyers, brochures, posters, and other such publications to increase program visibility and awareness. Communicates ideas and relays feedback to improve initiatives and processes and develops networks to maintain support of completed projects.
5. Work within a budget, maintain financial records, and reconciles expenses on projects.
6. Identifies opportunities and strategies for short- and long-term growth & expansion of marketing, development, and communications. Contributes to the development of program/project brand identity and marketing & advertising strategy and assists with the execution of marketing plans for health science programs.
7. Collaborates with vendors related to the sourcing/procurement and distribution of marketing strategies and materials.
8. Develops e-newsletters for distribution throughout the university and to alumni promoting the university’s advancement of health care programs.
9. Works closely with the campus Marketing and Communication Coordinator to help determine content, draft stories, proofread and assist with overall production and distribution plans.
10. Builds relationships with faculty and students to develop student recruitment initiatives.
11. Manages centralized application portals for prospective students including CASPA and NursingCAS, and provides routine reports to relevant admission selection committees.
12. Works with college/school leadership to coordinate campus visit and interview events.
13. Fields initial prospective student inquiries and directs appropriately.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with a focus in marketing, public relations, sales or related field. Two years' experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Demonstrated experience in event planning and execution.
• Strong writing/editing and design skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Problem-solving and organization skills and ability to manage numerous jobs and priorities at one time.
• Ability to track budget expenses.
• Skill in organizing time, resources and establishing priorities.
• Ability to accurately review and complete detail oriented information and projects.
• Ability to conceptualize and organize project planning process.
• Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Job may require working evenings, weekends and holidays. Must be available for in-state and out-of state travel as needed.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.