The principal purpose of this position is to create and/or provide direction on all Mississippi State Athletic facility graphic design. These functions include but are not limited to: creative direction, design of facility applied graphics, use of color, execution of typography, executing file and asset management (related to facility graphic design), etc.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure for salary ranges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist and support the Assistant Athletic Director of Creative Strategy in the visual execution of the overall brand and messaging of Mississippi State Athletics.
2. Oversee the production and implementation of all facility graphic design assets for the Athletic Department.
3. Collaborate with architects, design firms, and other external partners on facility master planning, capital projects, facility enhancements, and project management.
4. Organize, oversee, and implement all phases of the design production process. Such tasks include providing production schedules, art direction and design, print coordination, pre-press production, four-color proofing, installations, and advanced knowledge of printing methods and best practices.
5. Foster an innovative and creative environment that is responsive to our Department and University needs while ensuring that brand identity standards and brand personality are reflected in all Department communications.
6. Design and produce high-quality facility pieces that communicate a strategic department and university message to a broad audience in many different media formats (such as wall graphics, signage, facility branding, partner branding, wayfinding, in-venue informational graphics, etc.).
7. Assist the Assistant Athletics Director of Creative Strategy with brand asset management and application.
8. Collaborate with communications, fan experience, and broadcast team members to achieve consistency in creative direction and design of externally facing installations. This also includes working effectively with coaches to translate their vision or need into an appropriate design that meets their marketing goal.
9. Successfully manage multiple projects concurrently, while meeting project deadlines.
10. Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineering, Interior Design, Graphic Design, or related field with three (3) years of experience in related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design/facility design.
• Knowledge in project management, layout, design, typography and file organization.
• Knowledge of graphic layout and photographic requirements and procedures.
• Knowledge of Athletics preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to create and produce graphic materials using a range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment.
• Ability to analyze graphic and technical information and create interpretive illustrations.
• Ability to keep up-to-date on new trends and innovative approaches in industry techniques and mediums.
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work outside normal working hours, including nights and weekends when required.
• Skills in the utilization of specified computerized graphic design programs, i.e., Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office.
• Skills in the utilization of Dimension, SketchUp, Revit, or other 3D modeling software is preferred.
• Knowledge of printing procedures and requirements.
• Knowledge of printing and/or reproduction processes and techniques.
• Ability to analyze and interpret user graphic requirements.
• Ability to develop print and/or reproduction specifications.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
• Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Please attach your Resume and cover letter to the Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.