Job no: 498067
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 011100 - Plant and Soil Sciences
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Rank and salary are commensurate with education and/or experience.
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Manage field research/demonstration plots at multiple locations across the state. This includes the operation and hauling of farm equipment, data collection, and report writing.
2. Supervision of temporary student employees and assisting graduate students with field research projects.
3. Monitoring of agronomic and research supplies/purchasing. Seasonal farm equipment and vehicle maintenance.
4. Assisting with field days, grower meetings, and other activities, which may include public speaking.
5. Other duties that are assigned by supervisor.
Applicants must have an earned bachelor’s degree in agronomy, plant science, soil science, or a closely related field. Candidates that will be finishing a degree and can start working in spring of 2019 may be considered. In addition to these requirements the candidate must possess strong leadership, organization, and communication skills. The candidate must be capable of completing detail oriented task and deliver high quality work. Motivation to learn and continue professional development is necessary. Experience operating farm machinery is a must.
Experience conducting agronomic related research. Working knowledge of peanut agronomy and management. Experience with statistical, graphing, and Microsoft Office software is desirable.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu.
1. Resume or curriculum vitae.
2. Brief cover letter (1-page) outlining your qualifications and position interest.
3. College transcripts (Any social numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online.)
4. Names and contact information of three professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend