Salary Grade: 10
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists customers by providing information related to Parking & Transit Services.
2. Communicate appropriate and timely information via radio to others within Parking and Transit Services.
3. Serve as the primary point of sale agent for all permit sales.
4. Be knowledgeable of and be able to clearly communicate appropriate parking and transit options for visitors and others seeking assistance.
5. Serve as an intake and assist with Customer Service-related events and request.
6. Compile and disseminate timely reports and metrics related to all permit activities including but not limited to sells reports and summaries, lost in the mail reports, return to sender reports, assist with permit allocations, etc.
7. Responsible for managing all third-party account activity.
8. Responsible for the input and dissemination of all handwritten citation information.
9. Responsible for the keying and dissemination of the annual SMART surveys.
10. Responsible for all daily sales reporting and close outs.
11. Responsible for the input and dissemination of all parking and transit related incident reporting.
12. Responsible for maintaining a current knowledge of all parking and transit related activities and being able to professionally communicate and assist the University community and visitors with any parking and transit related information.
13. Maintains a high level of professionalism in all contacts with the public.
14. Performs related duties as assigned.
High school diploma and 4 years of experience in customer service.
Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed.
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to work with the public.
2. Good communication skills.
3. Ability to work with computers, phones, radios, etc..
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All interested Applicant must apply online at www.msujobs.edu and complete a Support Staff Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.