The Instructor position is non-tenure track and would be teach undergraduate courses, participate in service activities, and perform research or professional work sufficient to fulfill the accreditation requirements for being Academically Qualified (AQ) or Professionally Qualified (PQ).
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The Department of Marketing, Quantitative Analysis and Business Law comprises a collegial group of faculty that deliver outstanding undergraduate programs in marketing, while providing service courses in business quantitative analysis and business law for business-related majors. At the graduate level, the department offers a PhD Program in marketing and delivers doctoral-level courses to support the college's doctoral programs and delivers masters-level courses to support the college's on-campus and distance MBA programs and a Business Analytics minor.
Area of Specialization:
Business Quantitative Analysis
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2020
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. High commitment to quality teaching;
2. Service involvement in the College of Business, University, Profession, and Community;
3. Counsel and advise students on course selection and career direction;
4. Perform sufficient research activities to fulfill college and accreditation needs;
5. Other duties as required.
Master's degree in an appropriate field and extensive coursework in quantitative subjects.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Master's and five years of college teaching experience preferred for undergraduate courses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Commitment to high quality teaching and research;
2. Strong communication skills including writing and public speaking;
3. Ability to work effectively with students in a classroom environment;
4. Willingness to supervise graduate students research projects and/or dissertations;
5. Willingness to serve on the department, college, and university committees; and,
6. Intra-personal skills necessary to work effectively with students and colleagues in a multidisciplinary department
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Classroom setting ranges from 30-300 students seating capacity with assigning office hours for student conferences and consultations along with departmental, college, and university service functions.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae,with three professional references in PDF format and complete contact information along with copies of recent teaching evaluations upon request if available.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.