Job no: 499811
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 185430 - CVM Ancillary Services
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile and assist with fiscal administration for the department/unit, including but not limited to budgets, funding, grants, contracts, payroll, employment, travel, and/or purchasing; may assist with fiscal planning, including participating in seeking alternate sources of funding.
- Maintain an efficient system of receiving, posting, and depositing revenue and receiving, verifying, posting, and processing vouchers for payment of goods and services.
- Prepare requisitions for purchases; communicate with vendors for prices, bids, and other information.
- Prepare journal entries to record income, expenditures, interest, fund transfers, encumbrances, etc.
- Transfer funds between accounts following established guidelines.
- Prepare various accounting schedules, statements, and reports for monthly and annual reporting.
- Reconcile division financial records with university accounting records.
- Gathers data for budget preparation and inventory reports; prepares or assists in the preparation of the annual budget, and procures all supplies, furniture, and office equipment.
- Maintain files and records in support of accounting data.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma
Experience (yrs.): 4 years directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed.
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
- Experience in fund accounting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and previous experience using spreadsheet software program.
- Ability to operate computer keyboard and 10-key electronic calculator.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application, Resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend